Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode LiDAR enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means is a more capable sensor that enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
LiDAR Integration team members will work to build software integration, simulation and testing tools to ensure our Argo LiDAR sensor is built to lead the industry and can be integrated rapidly with the highest quality. Ultimately, we want to productionize this sensor and integrate it with our AV platform (and in the future others!).
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 3+ engineers
- Work directly with hardware engineers, software engineers and the executive leadership team to ensure both technical and business objectives are me
- Develop full-stack software application for real-time LiDAR system control, calibration, data acquisition, and point cloud visualization in C++
- Develop software for automated testing and characterization of optoelectronic devices such as geiger mode APDs, diode lasers, optical scanners, and LiDAR systems
- Contribute to the development of LiDAR system simulation utilities with a focus on front-end GUIs for configuration and output data visualization
- Develop end-of-line manufacturing test software for Argo LiDAR. This includes Software for testing, characterization and calibration of components prior to fully assembling the sensor
- Provide expertise in the design and development of software for cross-functional teams involved with optoelectronic device testing, simulation, and signal processing
- Develop host side driver and software interfaces for our LiDAR sensor
- Debug issues across hardware/ software interfaces on our autonomous vehicle
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Managed small software teams working challenging problems closely coupled to hardware development teams
- Experience debugging low level software and hardware interfaces
- Experience with network socket communication
- Experience with sensor driver development
- Experience with real time applications
- Experience with point cloud and 3D visualizations
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup