Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are growing our teams quickly, so talent within the world of computer vision can add value across various teams at Argo. If you are unsure the best role for you based on our current postings or there is no role currently posted that matches your skills and experience, we encourage you to apply to this role. We will contact you if we find a role that would be a good fit for you.
We are seeking hands on candidates who have a strong background in computer vision. We are looking for practitioners who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in software and (ideally) strong in applied computer vision algorithms. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving, or robotics applications. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in all relevant areas of computer vision and/or robotics perception applicable to robotic platforms including: Deep learning, geometric computer vision, SLAM, calibration, stereo, state estimation
- Preference for technically deep candidates that know a diversity of algorithmic approaches and can apply and extend them flexibly with an eye towards pragmatically choosing the best performing algorithm based on data for the problem at hand
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic
- A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup