Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are expanding our Systems Engineering Team! The team is responsible for Autonomous Vehicle (AV) testing and performance. Objective performance is evaluated through offline simulation, closed track tests, and data collected driving on public roads over the full operating domain. This Systems Engineer role helps bridge systems engineering, autonomy development, simulation engineering, simulation operations, test operations and fleet operations.
What you’ll do:
- Develop validation and verification methods and analysis to evaluate AV system and subsystem performance against requirements to ensure safe and reliable self driving vehicle technology for Argo AI
- Define and plan system and subsystem level tests, analyze results, detect patterns and trends to prioritize future development and collaborate with developers to see that cross team solutions are developed
- Translate complex public road situations into realistic scenarios for assessing system performance, using simulation, closed track testing, and public road testing
- Define objective metrics to measure acceptable system level behavior and performance against system features and scenarios
- Work with autonomy development teams to accelerate the new features development by providing detailed specifications, tests and results
- Manage and document test procedures and results, providing traceability to system and safety requirements
- Work with devtool and operation teams to integrate all test modalities together, towards automated testing at scale
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 7+ years of experience developing and testing complex or intelligent systems in automotive, aerospace, defense, or transportation industries
- Experience leading a technical team
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are essential
- A solid understanding of System Engineering and System Test principles
- Experience with validation of simulation performance against physical test performance
- Experience evaluating systems against automotive or similar Safety standards
- Familiarity with automating off-vehicle tests using Python or similar scripting language
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup