Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Hardware Engineering team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance sensing and computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across Argo and our supply base. As a member of the Hardware Engineering team, the Thermal Engineer will work on a cross-functional team to ensure that Argo AI’s products meet thermal performance requirements. The Thermal Engineer will be responsible for thermal requirements development, thermal focused product design, thermal simulation, thermal testing, and thermal debugging. Thermal Engineers may work on sensors, computers, positioning, vehicle integration, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all thermal aspects of Argo’s hardware systems
- Develop plans, requirements, models, and associated documentation required for managing the thermal performance of Argo’s self-driving system hardware
- Become a “go-to” resource for thermal engineering at Argo
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Deep understanding of the fundamental physics associated with heat and fluid flow
- Thorough knowledge of electromechanical thermal requirements, design, and testing
- Strong experience with advanced meshing and CFD / heat transfer modeling tools such as Ansys Icepak, StarCCM, other similar tools
- Experience evaluating mechanical and electrical systems for thermal performance
- Strong experience preparing test plans, executing test plans, and preparing clear test reports
- Strong knowledge of thermal test equipment and experience working with climatic / thermal chambers
- A record of successful thermal project ownership and working in a fast paced environment
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented debugging skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Prefer candidates with experience qualifying products to comply with automotive thermal standards
- Prefer candidates familiar with design tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, Altium, MATLAB, or other CAD tools
- Prefer candidates with experience developing thermal solutions for complex systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup