Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing team is responsible for managing suppliers, manufacturing hardware and manage commercial issues for autonomous hardware development at Argo. Operations Program Manager(s) play a critical role in guiding industrial engineering activities with our manufacturing partners. An OPM at Argo is a natural leader and facilitator who is driven, organized and detail oriented with the ability to facilitate actions and resolve conflicts while communicating with ease at all levels and an extraordinary teammate.
What you’ll do:
- Leading Supplier operations team in planning and executing development builds and new product ramps
- Drive manufacturing operational readiness in the factory, leveraging partner resources while managing ongoing efficiency and improvement across factories from ramp to end-of-life
- Drive cross-functional teams to optimize the supply chain for specific strategic reasons, while accounting for risks and changes in schedule or demand
- Influence product manufacturability, testability and supply chain responsiveness resulting in low cost and flexibility
- Quality Champion
- Anticipate production and operational risk, communicate and mitigate. Work closely with Suppliers to manage line bring-ups, qualification, material availability and quality issues, and secure the right level of capacity base on quarterly and weekly forecast and horizons
- Lead regular meetings to communicate plans with cross-functional operations and demand planning. Adapt plans based on changing requirements
- Ensure OEM reporting is accurate and timely and lead Quarterly Business Reviews with partners. Manage excess and obsolescence (E&O) tracking and secure destruction. Develop processes to accomplish the above responsibilities and identify improvements
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Solid experience experience within a manufacturing environment in consumer electronic industry, automotive industry or electrical, mechanical, optical systems and components
- Experience in manufacturing, process engineering or new product product development
- Excellent project management skills
- Results oriented and attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 30-35%
- Technical expertise
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup