Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo is seeking a highly analytical and business driven Strategic Finance Lead. This role will require a balance between the highly ambiguous nature of complex, long term financial modeling with the detail oriented rigor required to manage special projects. This individual will utilize financial analysis to inform data driven decision-making by our leadership team. This role requires incredible attention to detail, the ability to deliver in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and the flexibility to support ever changing business needs.
You must possess strong relationship building and communication skills and understand the importance of data integrity and data visualization. Building reporting from the ground up and iterating to meet constantly developing needs should be something that excites you!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the strategy team to investigate business opportunities along with key market drivers for business generation and profitability
- Create and maintain financial models for these business opportunities, related value add / return on investment, and resource allocation
- Derive insights and present the results with recommendations to senior leadership, to influence strategic decision making
- Clearly document and explain changes in plan updates along with recommended actions to rebalance investment as needed to maintain targets and performance
- Evaluate opportunities to optimize return on investment
- Balance long-term strategic thinking with near-term execution skills
- Distill complex data into meaningful stories that are understandable cross-functionally
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in technical field; preferably Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or similar fields; MBA and/or CPA a plus
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, etc
- Advanced capabilities in financial modeling, including Monte Carlo analysis and VBA scripting
- Must have strong analytical skills as well as the ability to research strategic initiatives, prepare analysis, and recommend viable solutions to senior management
- Experience working in a fast growing technology company, venture capital, or corporate development function
- Experience in related industry: tech, auto, hardware preferred
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- “Can do” attitude and teamplayer
- Detail and action oriented
- Accounting knowledge a plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup