Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are looking for an exceptional researcher with a proven track record in either computer vision, robotics or machine learning. In addition to strong theoretical skills, we are looking for candidates who are driven to develop real world software prototypes that operate on real data to validate algorithmic approaches. As a Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Argo, you will pursue research, and work with other world class engineers and scientists to solve challenges at the forefront of the field. We are looking for a creative researcher to solve fundamental problems surrounding the advancement of autonomy in vehicles. The position is a fixed-term (postdoctoral) contract for 24 months.
What you’ll do:
- Participating in cutting edge research in either computer vision, robotics & machine learning
- Formulating and solving numerical optimization problems
- Developing cutting edge algorithms that integrate classical vision algorithms with the latest advancements in deep learning
- Contributing research that can be applied to Argo’s development of autonomous vehicles
- Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
What we’re looking for:
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree or completing a postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Vision, Robotics, Machine Learning or similar
- Experience designing and developing computer vision algorithms in C++
- Experience with prototyping algorithms in Python
- Experience working with deep learning packages such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience in key Computer Vision algorithms such as linear algebra, multi-view geometry and numerical optimization
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ICRA, NIPS, ICML, or similar.
- Experience with formulating and solving computer vision and robotics optimization problems.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup