Please Note: This position is based in one of our office locations, it is not a remote position.
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. Engineers in the Remote Operations team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
The Remote Guidance team is responsible for building the platform that will enable the humans to monitor and provide remote guidance across the Argo AI fleet as vehicles encounter unfamiliar edge cases (unexpected construction zones, accident ahead etc). The system will scale to support development of Argo AI’s autonomous driving fleet. This is critical infrastructure needed to permit the deployment of true “no drivers in the the car” fleets of autonomous vehicles safely in a dynamic real-world environment.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain the services that provide Remote Guidance to a growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Hands on development in Java and Python
- Deployment services with Kubernetes
- Develop Proof of Concepts and/or Architecture Designs
- Establish engineering best practices, and participate in code/architecture reviews
- Work closely with vehicle operation, autonomy integration, and development teams to identify key features to improve overall operation of the AV
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with scaling cloud services and building highly available services
- Experience with backend, services and big data technologies
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
- Full stack developers with additional experience in front-end development such as React, Typescript, D3.JS, and/or are also highly regarded
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.