Please Note: This position is based in one of our office locations, it is not a remote position.
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. Engineers in the Remote Operations team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
The Remote Guidance team is responsible for building the platform that will enable the humans to monitor and provide remote guidance across the Argo AI fleet as vehicles encounter unfamiliar edge cases (unexpected construction zones, accident ahead etc). The system will scale to support development of Argo AI’s autonomous driving fleet. This is critical infrastructure needed to permit the deployment of true “no drivers in the the car” fleets of autonomous vehicles safely in a dynamic real-world environment.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain the services that provide Remote Guidance to a growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Hands on development in Java and Python
- Deployment services with Kubernetes
- Develop Proof of Concepts and/or Architecture Designs
- Establish engineering best practices, and participate in code/architecture reviews
- Work closely with vehicle operation, autonomy integration, and development teams to identify key features to improve overall operation of the AV
- Drive and perform best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross- team critical programs
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with scaling cloud services and building highly available services
- Experience with backend, services and big data technologies
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven
- Full stack developers with additional experience in front-end development such as React, Typescript, D3.JS, and/or are also highly regarded
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup