Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Hardware TPM team is responsible for managing the autonomous hardware program at Argo. TPMs are responsible for using the high level Argo priorities to lead engineering activities ranging from design to validation to build. TPMs are also responsible for managing the team’s scope, schedule, and budget. Argo hires TPMs with strong engineering skills so we can empower TPMS to influence major engineering decisions. TPMs also manage program risk, communication, and documentation. TPMs work with a variety of internal staff and external partners to deliver safe, scalable hardware systems. The Technical Program Manager, Hardware role combines some of the responsibilities of a Technical Program Manager with some of the responsibilities of a Systems Engineer and Product Engineer. We look for engineers who can tackle a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure that Argo delivers safe, functional, reliable, and efficient hardware systems.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for coordinating both internal and external design activities for a given module. This would include delivering the scope, plans, timing, communications, and risk mitigation for a module
- Help to develop the requirements, architecture, simulation, design, prototyping, test, integration, and delivery of hardware systems
- Work in tight conjunction with contract engineering partners, contract manufacturing partners, Product Design Engineers, System Engineers, Technical Program Managers, and others
- Current opportunities include work on sensors, computers, positioning, vehicle integration, and more
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with cross functional development teams to coordinate the entire product development lifecycle. This includes developing product design requirements, completing Failure Mode Avoidance (FMEA,Boundary Diagrams, Interface Analysis, etc) studies, completing FTA studies, conducting trade studies, evaluating prototype designs, executing design analysis / simulation, writing design qualification test plans, executing detailed verification / validation test programs, debugging design failures, deploying designs to mass production, constantly influencing product design decisions and ensuring the HW meets functional safety requirements
- Good experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Experience in functional testing and qualification of complex electromechanical systems
- Hyper-organized mindset - able to be an influencer of projects to lead development, operations, and logistics toward a common goal
- Works effectively under extreme pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities - able to formulate solutions quickly by using a breadth and depth of knowledge / connections / etc
- Skill developing detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies
- Skill leading both internal design activities and outsourced design activities
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Prefer candidates with experience in both prototype product development and large volume automated manufacturing
- Prefer candidates with experience in automotive and/or robotics engineering
Additional Requirements: Occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup