Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Service Technicians are tasked with understanding the most advanced vehicles on the road today. In addition to be responsible for solving the most challenging and time-sensitive problems, technicians are also called upon to make modifications, create accurate documentation, interact with engineers on a daily basis and understand daily service department workflows.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the operational capability of our autonomous test vehicles
- Work with our highly skilled engineers to perform mechanical, electrical and software integration of a wide variety of modules into our test vehicles, including sensors, computers, vehicle modules and more
- Perform initial configuration, calibration and quality assurance of installed systems, as well as troubleshooting of vehicle and autonomy systems as issues arise
- Additional responsibilities include performing occasional vehicle maintenance and routine inspections
What we are looking for:
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including a systematic approach to determining root cause, implementing solutions, and documenting results
- Experience interpreting electrical and mechanical schematics/drawings to perform system installations and diagnostics
- OEM Master Technician preferred, but not required
- Should have at least eight years of experience as an automotive technician
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Experience working as an electrical and/or mechanical technician in an automotive or robotics setting - a plus
- Experience working with hardware, software and test engineers - a plus
- Ability to build and modify electrical harnesses efficiently and effectively at a workstation or in-vehicle
- Experience working in a prototyping or development environment
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Prefer ASE(A series) master certified technician or equivalent certification
- Prefer Knowledge of modern automotive diagnostic techniques, including use of vendor and OEM provided tools
Additional job requirements: Occasional travel to remote offices and test facilities.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup