Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Motion Controls team at Argo is responsible for selecting steering / powertrain / brake requests in order to pilot the autonomous vehicle safely and comfortably to its destination. To do so, we build and maintain vehicle dynamics models and design algorithms to leverage these models for accurate vehicle planning and control. We split our time between designing/implementing algorithms, and testing/experimenting and analyzing data. Our work is not done until it works in the car!
What you’ll do:
- Craft efficient and well tested software in C++ and Python for the Motion Control of the autonomous vehicle
- Design metrics to measure feature performance, implementing automated metric extraction tools
- Design and implement debugging visualization to aide in testing and troubleshooting
- Test feature performance in-vehicle and on fleet collected data
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have worked with real platforms and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems and have a quantitative/data driven approach to improve system performance
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Deep theoretical and applied expertise at developing algorithms for robot/vehicle planning and controls are desired
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in subsets of Planning & Controls: Motion/trajectory planning, vehicle modeling, vehicle control, route planning applied to land, air, space, or water-based robots are desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup