Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI's hardware special projects team is focused on research and development to keep Argo AI at the forefront of the autonomous vehicle industry. The team focuses on solving the fundamental challenges of autonomous vehicle development by finding innovative ideas and technologies in their nascent stages and qualifying their potential against high impact goals. The group also assists in strategic decision-making by providing insights and technical assessments of emerging companies in computer and sensor systems. Finally the team is able to support critical efforts across multi-disciplinary groups when the need arises.
What you’ll do:
- Quick prototyping of technical solutions spanning ME, EE and CS fields
- Bring-up and benchmarking new technologies and prototypes, both from external partners and for internal efforts
- Data collection and data analysis
- Publish internal and external technical reports and white papers to help inform strategic decisions and share knowledge org-wide
- Interact with a large spectrum of cross-functional teams
- Interface with external partners through meetings, conferences, trade shows or training
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Generalist engineers comfortable taking on tasks in different robotics field, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, and software development
- Experience with the following software tools: Solidworks, Altium, Matlab, Python, C/C++, Git, Linux
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup