Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI’s LiDAR team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode LiDAR enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
Our LiDAR team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars.
What you’ll do:
- Develop full-stack software application for real-time LiDAR system control, calibration, data acquisition, and point cloud visualization in C++
- Develop software for automated testing and characterization of optoelectronic devices such as geiger mode APDs, diode lasers, optical scanners, and lidar systems
- Contribute to the development of lidar system simulation utilities with a focus on front-end GUIs for configuration and output data visualization
- Provide expertise in the design and development of software for cross-functional teams involved with optoelectronic device testing, simulation, and signal processing
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with the Qt library for GUI development in C++
- Prefer candidates with experience in point cloud and 3D graphics visualization
- Prefer candidates with experience in GPU computing using CUDA or OpenCL
- Prefer candidates with experience in network socket communication
- Prefer candidates with experience in CMake
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup