Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode Lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. The software team will cover all aspects of the Lidar product from prototype, debugging, integration, and production so lots of challenges and later achievements for you. We are looking forward to having your passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
What you’ll do:
- Develop full-stack software application for real-time Lidar system control, calibration, data acquisition, and point cloud visualization in C++ and Python
- Develop software for automated testing and characterization of optoelectronic devices such as geiger mode APDs, diode lasers, optical scanners, and Lidar systems
- Contribute to the development of Lidar system simulation utilities with a focus on front-end GUIs for configuration and output data visualization
- Provide expertise in the design and development of software for cross-functional teams involved with optoelectronic device testing, simulation, and signal processing
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science,Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong C++ and Python programming skills
- Good experience with the Qt library for GUI development
- Prefer candidates with experience in point cloud and 3D graphics visualization
- Prefer candidates with experience in network socket communication
- Prefer candidates with experience in Bazel, Docker, Jenkins and others
- Prefer candidates with experience in GPU computing using CUDA or OpenCL
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup