Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Machine Learning Data & Services team provides sensor log data, ground truth labels and accompanying platform and services, for training, testing and validating machine learning models, as well as any AV algorithms or systems that can benefit from accurate annotations. Our end-to-end services include request, data collection/mining, taxonomy management, pipelines (manual or semi-automated), metrics, validation and access/query of such data. Endless exciting challenges exist as we develop new, innovative tools and services that incorporate, visualize, manipulate and interact with both human and machine-generated labels. We are hiring Senior Software Engineers adept in designing and developing rich data visualization and manipulation web tools and supporting services to accelerate our innovation in ML development lifecycles.
We are hiring for a Senior ML Systems Engineer who will own engineering, supporting and scaling our ML operations. Areas of ownership will include the full ML data management stack such developing pipelines for data preparation, building optimal model training systems, or building model evaluation systems.
What you’ll do:
- Define strategy and build software to select and mine sensor logs for ML data
- Build software to evaluate ML models at scale
- Define and develop end to end ML data pipeline and supporting systems
- Build software to manage ML data at scale
- Build software to train Deep Learning models at scale
- Integrate deep learning frameworks and external ML tools into our ML infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience as a technical or team lead
- Experience in ML systems (data selection, feature extraction, training, verification, analysis and infra)
- Senior Level Industry Experience or above. Staff/Principal level is welcomed
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (such as AWS or GCP) and common deep learning packages is particularly welcomed
- Large scale machine learning applications with 2D or 3D data
- Experienced in approaching open problems with mathematically sound mindset and solutions
- Expertise in C++ and/or Python is preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in Machine Learning
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup