Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo Motion Planning (MP) team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This role will involve work on high-level decision making. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, other actors on the road (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.) among other things. Work by this team also involves taking these decisions and producing trajectories for the vehicle to drive.
What you’ll do:
- Direct people management of the team focused on building the motion planning system
- Define priorities and supervise execution of a fast paced software engineering team
- Oversee interaction and deliverables with other teams (internal and external)
- Work with other internal autonomy teams to help to continuously improve and refine the self-driving system
- Drive technical direction and planning for the MP team in conjunction with the technical leaders in the team
- Review and provide feedback to design documents outlining work to be completed by the MP team
- Work with MP Tech Leads to control scope and mitigate program risk
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Direct experience managing a team of 5+ individuals on focused, technically demanding tasks
- Prior exposure to working and planning within an Agile development environment
- Experience working in a large and rapidly evolving C++ production code base
- Experience with hands on software development for real-time or near-real-time systems
- Experience designing/building Motion Planning systems or systems with related components of real-time decision making, spatial reasoning, robotic or similar systems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup