Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
What you’ll do:
- Core models used for scene understanding that are front and center in the perception pipeline
- Research projects improving not only our current image space but also radar, Lidar space detection algorithms and best methods to fuse together to improve performance
- Turning algorithm exploration that performs best on rigorous and pragmatic A vs B experiments evaluated extensively on data into models/software running on the vehicle
- Working with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our supervised training
- Working with label tooling team to adjust labeling policies, and approaches to obtain the best label set needed
- Develop production quality code and own your algorithms from design to production.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong Preference for Computer Vision / Machine Learning academic focus
- Industry experience with complete end to end hands on experience deploying real products or platforms into complex production environments
- Strong software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of relevant subsets of detection algorithms including Classification, scene understanding, object detection classes of algorithms
- Experienced software engineer or research with a track record of real world applications incorporating machine learning and computer vision
- Real-time applications experience is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Mxnet, caffe, tensorflow or other similar deep net or machine learning packages
- GPU expertise
- Strong preference for publication history in top vision journals/conferences (CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICML)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.