Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
What you’ll do:
- Core models used for scene understanding that are front and center in the perception pipeline
- Research projects improving not only our current image space but also radar, Lidar space detection algorithms and best methods to fuse together to improve performance
- Turning algorithm exploration that performs best on rigorous and pragmatic A vs B experiments evaluated extensively on data into models/software running on the vehicle
- Working with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our supervised training
- Working with label tooling team to adjust labeling policies, and approaches to obtain the best label set needed
- Develop production quality code and own your algorithms from design to production.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong Preference for Computer Vision / Machine Learning academic focus
- Industry experience with complete end to end hands on experience deploying real products or platforms into complex production environments
- Strong software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of relevant subsets of detection algorithms including Classification, scene understanding, object detection classes of algorithms
- Experienced software engineer or research with a track record of real world applications incorporating machine learning and computer vision
- Real-time applications experience is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Mxnet, caffe, tensorflow or other similar deep net or machine learning packages
- GPU expertise
- Strong preference for publication history in top vision journals/conferences (CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICML)
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup