Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Global Supply Management team is responsible for managing suppliers and commercial issues for autonomous hardware development at Argo. Critical scope of GSM work is cost, schedule, risk mitigation and quality. GSMs key deliverables are commercial agreements, including ED&T negotiation, unit price, lead-time, licensing etc. Argo hires GSMs with strong commercial and technical skills so we can empower GSMs to influence major decisions for the company. GSMs work is very cross functional, involving communication at working level and management both internal to Argo and externally with suppliers.
What you'll do:
- Develop and manage Argo AI’s global supply chain
- Establish our supply chain strategy, identifying vendors that can best meet Argo AI’s requirements for technology, functionality, cost, and quality
- Work with a wide variety of teams within Argo and a wide variety of outside partners during both prototype development and production manufacturing
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Demonstrated experience of end-to-end supply chain management: from early engagement with engineering, supplier management, commercial contracts, RFPs/RFQs and product maturity
- Strong experience reducing supplier cost and supplier risk while keeping part quality and timeliness standards high
- Experience working with suppliers to identify and fix quality issues
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, optical systems or components
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- A record of successful program management ownership and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent teamwork, transparency and communication skills
- Prefer candidates with experience influencing part design to use design for manufacturability best practices
- Prefer candidates with experience in addressing supply chains for both prototype environments and large scale manufacturing
- Prefer candidates with international experience, particularly Europe and Asia
Additional Requirements: Up to 20% travel to remote offices, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup