Join us as we reimagine the future of money and the internet. Our mission is to make them more open and fair, driving new economic opportunities and putting people in control of their digital lives.
To start we've built the first crypto wallet with the simplicity and security of the best new bank apps - yet we never hold users’ assets. It takes the complexity out of Ethereum and is driven by our dedication to user experience.
We launched in 2018 and have a world-class team with experience scaling mobile apps to tens of millions of users. Our eclectic backgrounds include PhDs in nuclear physics and quantum cryptography. We’re fortunate to be backed by the top VCs in Europe, including Index Ventures, Creandum and firstminute capital.
The Senior iOS Engineer role
You'll be crucial to our effort to build the best mobile product in crypto and fintech.
- Put yourself in our users' shoes and address the opportunities and challenges facing them.
- Take ownership of the entire development lifecycle.
- Build and develop world class UX.
- Work closely with our founders and other iOS engineers, designers, backend and QA to quickly ship features in an agile environment.
- Get involved in the crypto ecosystem, contributing to open source projects and discussions.
The Argent app is 100% Swift. We use our own open source web3.swift library for communicating with the Ethereum blockchain. We follow a Flux-inspired architecture and write unit tests to cover complex pieces of business logic.
- 5 years experience building top tier iOS apps, minimum 2 years in Swift
- Expert knowledge of the Apple ecosystem (everything from UIKit animation and navigation stacks down to Keychain and Operation Queues)
- Expert in debugging iOS apps (memory management, object lifecycle, view hierarchy)
- Expert understanding of network protocols and data persistence techniques
- Experience testing iOS apps with unit tests and UI tests
- Experience implementing different design patterns (VIPER, MVVM, Redux)
- Familiar with implementing security best practices for safeguarding data on a mobile device
- Experience with continuous integration and source control, App Store Connect, Certificates & Entitlements
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Can communicate clearly, and collaborate, with a remote team
Benefits of working at Argent
- Work remotely - anywhere in Europe (but Europe only). No commute. Lots of flexibility. Plenty of time to care for your kids or cats.
- Autonomy - you decide how to achieve your best work.
- Trips across Europe - for one week every three months we collaborate in person, explore new solutions and have fun. So far we’ve stayed in Nice, Toulouse, Brussels, Lisbon and Barcelona.
- Equity in a high growth startup backed by the investors of Spotify and Slack.
- Equipment - pick the tech setup of your choice.
- Build a new industry - help define the future of the web.
At the heart of what we do is making crypto accessible to everyone. We want the team itself to reflect that diversity so we’d strongly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.