We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo isn't good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
As a Cinematics Artist and Video Editor you’ll be creating story-driven content for ArenaNet’s products, from crafting in-game cinematics to cutting together compelling trailers.
Please provide a link to your demo reel when applying.
- Create captivating in-game cinematics and marketing videos.
- Construct videos using captured footage, music, voice-over, sound fx, and motion graphics.
- Layout and compose compelling in-game sequences using ArenaNet proprietary cinematics tools.
- Collaborate with Narrative, Design, Production, and Marketing departments to define content for marketing videos.
- Coordinate with Production Team to organize and direct group in-game capture sessions.
- Use game controls to set up and capture gameplay sequences.
- Created language translated versions of video assets using provided localized text and voice-over.
- Organize and manage media files.
- Maintain video capture and editing equipment.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skills in video editing, composition, audio timing, layout, and cinematography.
- Ability to create cohesive narratives using raw in-game footage, cinematics, and motion graphics.
- Organized and efficient work methods.
- Proven experience in video editing, in-game video capturing, and motion graphics.
- Passion for games, cinematography, and video editing.
- Experience with in-game cinematics, scene setup, triggers, key framing, and lighting.
- Strong skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback.
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.