We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo isn't good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
The Spanish Linguistic QA provides language localization testing services for ArenaNet products in its working language. The Spanish Linguistic QA reports directly to Localization Manager and works closely with internal and external linguistic Editors and Translators to research and resolve language issues. The Linguistic QA must be familiar with standard Quality Assurance applications (Jira, DevTrack and Test Track Pro) and be a team player to support other members of ArenaNet Studios. Perfect candidate should be able to translate, edit and proofread texts in Spanish language.
- Conduct linguistic, usability, functionality, performance, and load testing.
- Assist Internal QA team and development team play tests.
- Ensure the game meets our internal/external quality goals.
- Work with Localization Translators and Editors to help them test, polish, and review all game and related material.
- Assist with the development of and maintenance of the Internal and External Bug Databases.
- Work with the Community by gathering information from the forums and putting bugs into the database.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish (Castilian) and English
- Passion for video games (with an emphasis on MMO’s)
- Understand the user experience
- Possess strong capability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines
- Willing to work extended hours
- Professional demeanor; team player orientation
- Hands on, energetic, and motivated
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical abilities
- Spanish(Castilian) Native Speaker
- Experience in game localization or game quality assurance
- Higher education in language related fields or previous related professional experience
This is a full time contract position, located at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.