We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
As a game developer that constantly strives to innovate, our studio is built on a foundation of excellence with a focus on community. We're unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2. The status quo isn’t good enough for the dedicated worldwide community of GW2 players, which is why we question industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
At ArenaNet, we’re serious about games. We created the ArenaNet Internship Program to help develop young artists, providing them with the skills they need to be successful in the game industry. We’re looking to cultivate artists who have the talent, but lack one thing: work experience.
- Small cohort. Work and learn with a small group of motivated VFX artists.
- Professional environment. Hone your skills at the ArenaNet studio working side-by-side with top game industry artists in a dedicated work space.
- Meaningful work. You’ll work on a variety of important art assignments that contribute to the success of the company, not “grunt” work.
- Hourly stipend. You will receive a $14 per hour stipend and will work in the ArenaNet studio Monday through Friday for the duration of the year-long program.
- Pacific Northwest location. Selected Interns will be expected to relocate to the Bellevue, WA area at their own expense. Bellevue is in the beautiful greater Seattle area, which offers a wide range of cultural and natural activities.
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating excellent understanding of particle systems and geometry VFX and timing.
- Demonstrated experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions.
- Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Maya.
- Keen understanding of particle and geometry material use.
- Ability to author texture source from scratch or photo/video reference, and create looping texture sets through use of Photoshop and After Effects.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, creative thinker
- Able to creatively solve problems.
- Strong grasp of the overall ArenaNet visual style for Guild Wars.
- Background in painting, concept art, or animation.
- Strong ability to model and texture hard surface / rigid objects within a range of styles (painterly to realistic).
- Strong understanding of game development pipeline.
- Understand of material creation.
This position is not an internship-to-hire program. We’re not guaranteeing jobs to any intern in the program, but you will emerge from the program with an arsenal of professional skills, an incredible portfolio, and an invaluable experience under your belt.
This position is located onsite at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.