We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
ArenaNet is offering a paid internship program, taking place on-site in the company's studio facilities in Bellevue, WA. We’re looking for skilled, analytical individuals to work on our highly successful Commerce Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the industry and to help the Guild Wars 2 team.
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- Small cohort. Work and learn with a tight-knit team of motivated Designers.
- Professional environment. Hone your skills on-site in the ArenaNet studios, working alongside top industry professionals in a dedicated workspace.
- Meaningful work. You'll get to work directly with the design team on projects that contribute to the success of the company.
- Hourly stipend. Compensation is a $14 per hour stipend.
- Regular work hours. Work Monday through Friday during usual business hours for the duration of the program.
- Idyllic location in the Pacific Northwest. Enrollees are expected to relocate to the Bellevue, WA area at their own expense. Bellevue is in the beautiful greater Seattle area, which offers a wide range of cultural and natural activities.
- Learn and help implement items and rewards into the game
- Participate in design, rewards, and microtransaction meetings and discussions as needed.
- Write in-depth reports based on competitive analysis
- Update and reorganize internal documentation and folders
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of how gameplay affects the end user experience
- Highly motivated, self-starting, creative thinker
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Passion for Guild Wars and a deep understanding of Guild Wars mechanics
- Hard-core gamer with extensive experience playing games
- Background or understanding of basic analytics
- Experience or knowledge of working within Scrum teams
This is not an internship-to-hire program. We’re not guaranteeing jobs to any intern in the program, but you will emerge from the program with an arsenal of professional skills, an incredible portfolio, and an invaluable experience under your belt.
This position is on-site at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.