We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
We are seeking passionate and experienced Software Engineers to join our quest to create revolutionary mobile gaming experiences. Bring your strength to our cause, inspire awe in those around you, collaborate with like-minded team members and make great games! We are looking for someone with passion for solving difficult technical problems and working with teammates to bring these solutions to life.
- Implement vertical solutions including data persistence, game server code, message protocol, client code, and user interface with attention to product quality, scalability, performance, and security.
- Collaborate in autonomous, cross discipline feature teams to successfully meet team goals.
- Provide ongoing support, improvement, and debugging for existing features.
- Review/buddy check code from other engineers.
- Understand mobile design and technical challenges.
- Profile and make appropriate game system optimizations for speed, memory, or bandwidth.
- Evaluate effectiveness of designer and artist workflows and make game system or tool improvements accordingly.
- Test and maintain code, ensuring that it is clean, easy to use, free of bugs, and reliable in the game.
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions.
- Program tools and utilities to support work on projects as required.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology, and build new technology, to fulfill the project's technical requirements.
- Estimate programming tasks and inform stakeholders as estimates change.
- Focus on making the best possible game, which requires adaptation to changing requirements.
- Adhere to coding standards and make daily decisions that support the studio’s technical roadmap.
- Professional C# experience.
- Familiarity with using the Unity engine.
- Excellent mathematical skills including linear algebra.
- Ability to build highly scalable, highly available back-end systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Avid gamer and passion for making amazing games.
- Ability to rapidly jump into new code bases.
- Strong understanding of game systems engineering and passion for high quality code.
- Ability to identify long term technical goals and break them down into small, iterative steps.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates is essential.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to manage direction and prioritize aspects of a project while understanding overall objectives.
- The flexibility and drive to meet long term deadlines while still taking care of unexpected high priority issues as they come up.
- Ability to develop and maintain software to aid in the testing of new systems.
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills.
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.