We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
We have an open position for an Accountant that reports to the Treasurer/Head of Finance and is responsible for assisting in managing the accounting operations of the Company, including monitoring and reporting of key performance indicators and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls. The position will be expected to work collaboratively with all levels of employees with an emphasis on providing a high level of customer service.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of day-to-day activities, including accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, payroll processing
- Maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Prepare and disseminate various financial statements and reports, including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, and YTD budgets
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data
- Manages budget and tracks expenses effectively
- Assist in policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and reporting
- Engage in the critical and confidential aspects of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance / or equivalent experience with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Experience with a project driven organization that emphasizes project accounting
- Skilled at financial analysis, developing key performance indicators, and presenting and explaining financial performance to internal users
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge
- Proficient in Great Plains and Microsoft FRx software
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly self directed and proactive
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years direct accounting/finance experience
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Learn more about working with us at www.arena.net.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.