We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
We are looking for a Content Designer that has a keen understanding of pacing and player presentation. Candidates must have extensive experience taking ownership of levels and missions from concept to completion. This position requires an exemplary ability to work with artists to achieve a common vision. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arena.net.
- Design and implement exciting and fresh next generation content
- Work directly with the Lead Designer and artists to develop content with excellent pacing
- Implement and balance combat encounters
- Solve game design problems in a collaborative environment
- Playtest and iterate on designs in a highly collaborative environment
- Work with programmers to further develop design tools
- Other duties may be assigned
- At least 4 years of experience in Game Design
- Proven accomplishment on at least 1 shipped title
- Strong understanding of level design and pacing
- Experience implementing and tuning player movement
- An understanding and passion for 3rd person action games
- Ability to rapidly prototype gameplay to prove out concepts
- Excellent understanding of art pipelines with an ability to communicate design goals to artists
- Must work well in a creative team environment
- Must be an avid gamer with extensive experience playing games
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Creativity and innovation
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.