We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
As a Mobile 3D Artist, you will have a portfolio of proven quality with a determination to push boundaries and create incredible art. You are comfortable learning new skills and working in a small, agile team with other game makers and creating amazing experiences that excite you. Versatility is your strength and you should be eager to tackle any challenge that may arise, from creative questions to mass production for a worldwide market.
- Translate fully rendered or quickly sketched concepts into characters, environments and props to be rolled out into the game
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, design and art teams to create beautiful assets without sacrificing performance
- Help push the development of the visual style, design and overall look of the new project
- Help support the team in game design
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by ArenaNet is maintained
- Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
- 3+ years of professional mobile or similar industry experience
- At least one shipped mobile title or similar industry title
- A portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of character, environment and prop modeling with an eye for shape, form, structure and silhouette
- Excellent ability to hand paint texture maps
- Excellent skills in Maya (or similar), Photoshop, Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Experience with rendering and lighting characters, environments and props
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Portfolio with environment and prop focus
- Capable of independently creating concept sketches and final rendering
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.