Game Master - Customer Support Specialist
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
As a game developer that constantly strives to innovate, our studio is built on a foundation of excellence with a focus on community. We're unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2. The status quo isn’t good enough for the dedicated worldwide community of GW2 players, which is why we question industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
Our Game Support Specialists are a key part of the team as they provide outstanding game support for Guild Wars 2 players via chat or email. They are responsible for identifying issues, spotting gaming trends and problems, and finding innovative ways to solve problems for our customers. They also act as a liaison between customers and product specialists to effectively address and resolve game play and service issues of our online gaming services.
- Provide outstanding customer support via game or internet interface (CRM), web chat, and email.
- Review reported in-game interactions and logged player actions to ensure an appropriate game environment for Guild Wars 2 players.
- Take ownership of issues and provide follow-up on customer inquiries or complaints.
- Display a professional, positive, and respectful demeanor to fellow employees, and deal with customers in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
- Document customer inquiries and resolutions.
- Meet or exceed productivity and quality metrics of the department.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of NCsoft and ArenaNet internal information and customer account information.
- Monitor and review the quality of work of first tier support agents in conjunction with the Game Support Lead.
- Complete tasks and projects that are assigned by management that may not fall into the scope of the daily routine.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting techniques for PC and Mac.
- Passion for games.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-pasted, high-volume work environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and provide strategic direction for the team.
- Ability to deal with high stress situations and manage irate customers.
- Scheduling flexibility including nights, weekends and holiday hours.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including those who speak English as a second language.
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.