WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a veteran Visual Effects Artist who is passionate about pushing the limits on both quality and approach when helping design new experiences. You are eager to collaborate, share your knowledge and support the team in ways that bolster and inspire others to push the boundaries. With solid experience in many applications of VFX, you are comfortable being nimble in developing a broad range of art while helping define and maintain the quality bar.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the VFX Lead and Art Director(s) to build high-quality visual fx.
- Aid in driving the vision through look-dev and rapid iteration through prototypes.
- Be open to collaborative feedback with the goal of being agile and excited to iterate.
- Be vocal through solid verbal and written communication to help aid in collaborative efforts.
- Be a driving force in creating a welcoming and respectful atmosphere for collaboration, communication, and creativity, with an emphasis on the values of diversity and inclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Extensive experience creating high-quality real-time particle systems and geometry-based visual effects, preferably in Niagara.
- A strong understanding of Niagara and its features.
- A deep understanding of traditional art principles including shape language, color theory, and visual storytelling, as well as an eye for timing.
- In-depth knowledge of technology, terminology, and techniques of game art development, including an awareness of design and programming considerations
- Positively influences team morale and helps to empower team members.
- The ability to set an example with empathy, strong ethics, flexibility, confidence, self-awareness, and the ability to see all sides of complex situations.
- Able to communicate artistic issues to non-artists, strong presentation skills.
- Bring creativity and initiative to both preproduction and production concept tasks and adapts swiftly to new themes and directions.
- Ability to provide oversight to multiple timelines, self-manage and meet deadlines, able to work unsupervised for long periods, and able to supervise others.
- Can be relied upon to quickly learn new processes and software as needed.
- Experience working with Unreal.
- Experience developing Unreal Blueprints
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment.
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, positive, embraces critiques.
- Understands the audience and appreciates games.
- Experience programming in C++ and UnrealScript
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
We are open to remote work from the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MD, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, WA and WI or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Total compensation is salary plus an annual bonus potential. Please note that the listed pay range is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.