WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented Visual Effects Artist with extensive experience working with artists, designers, and technical artists to establish clear objectives for the Visual Effects team. As an inspirational leader, you will bring together a top-notch team, foster an encouraging and rewarding atmosphere, and mentor the Visual Effects team to reach the highest level of success in the industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the voice for the VFX Art team to the art team leadership, and the broader project team.
- Collaborate with the Art Directors and other Art Leads to shape and uphold direction and vision for VFX, communicate it to the team, and set the tone for VFX art with fresh ideas and technically solid execution.
- Mentor, motivate, collaborate with, and guide FX Artists; amplify their strengths, review their work on technical and aesthetic bases, and stay aware of their workloads, including support of the team’s work/life balance.
- Provide guidance in FX Art processes and instruct the team regarding new processes and software to match project needs.
- Be a driving force in creating a welcoming and respectful atmosphere for collaboration, communication, and creativity, with an emphasis on the values of diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in running the day-to-day workflow and create and maintain process documentation for VFX art-related processes.
- Establish clear and consistent schedules identify potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the other project leads to prevent them.
- Interview, hire, and train new team members in collaboration with the Art manager and the Recruitment team.
- Lead the team in shaping ideas, consistent vision, and production-ready concept art
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Extensive experience creating high quality real-time particle systems and geometry-based visual effects, preferably in Niagara.
- A strong understanding of Niagara and it’s features.
- A deep understanding of traditional art principles including shape language, color theory, and visual storytelling, as well as an eye for timing.
- In-depth knowledge of technology, terminology, and techniques of game art development, including an awareness of design and programming considerations
- Positively influences team morale and empowers team members, able to clearly communicate expectations and rally team around an objective.
- The ability to lead with empathy, strong ethics, flexibility, confidence, self-awareness, and the ability to see all sides of complex situations.
- Able to communicate artistic issues to non-artists, strong presentation skills.
We are open to remote work from the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, MD, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, WA and WI or onsite/hybrid/flex at our office in Bellevue, WA.
Total compensation is salary plus an annual bonus potential. Please note that the listed pay range is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.