WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality and infuse them with innovation and creativity. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
We are looking for an Art Outsourcing Producer to work with our internal teams to support and drive external art development. In this role you will work with a variety of assets and art disciplines across multiple teams to support directors and leads in critique and drive quality. As Art Outsourcing Producer, you will drive and maintain successful partnerships with external vendors, while supporting studio initiatives to grow and evolve our outsourcing process and methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for collaboration, attention to detail and knowledge of art pipelines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, maintain, and own the outsourcing process and pipeline.
- Work with the art leads and production to develop and maintain the outsourcing production schedule
- Ensure clean and consistent documentation of art production pipeline
- Track and communicate progress and deliverables of external assets to the internal team
- Support leads and directors with direction and feedback to external partners when necessary
- Work with internal teams to determine best vendors for identified work
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors
- Own contract negotiation and initial contract development
- Drive testing and vetting process for external partners
- Help improve outsourcing workflows and pipelines
- Monitor submissions to ensure that quality is both consistent and high, and adheres to technical specifications
- Act as the primary contact for communication and coordination with external vendors
- Motivate and drive outsourcing partners, ensuring that schedules are adhered to and that established deliverables are made
- Develop processes for review, feedback, and approval of delivered assets
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Experience in the games industry as an Art Outsourcing Producer or similar role
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple external teams
- Ability to identify risks and bottle necks and to develop solutions for such problems
- An understanding of tools and pipelines for 2D and 3D asset creation
- Passion for collaboration with other artists, producers, designers, and programmers
- Understanding and interest in industry trends, new tools and ability to make recommendations for improving internal and external pipelines
- Critical eye for high quality art across 2D and 3D assets and a desire to produce work at the highest levels of AAA quality and game performance
This position is based out of our Bellevue, WA office. Due to COVID-19 we have temporarily transitioned to a work from home model.