WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a Senior Monetization Designer that has a broad understanding of game systems and an interest in the micro-transaction side of development. While some familiarity with game monetization is required more importantly a Candidate should have strong design experience in one or more branch of game design. The ideal Candidate would have both experience across Design disciplines and in the MMO genre. Candidates must be able to work in a fast turnaround environment and capable of taking responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of critical player facing systems. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are required. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arena.net.
WHAT YOU'LL DO includes the following:
Design, implement and maintain monetization and player experience systems and features for Guild Wars 2
- Design and implement new features for the Guild Wars 2 player experience.
- Maintain and update existing monetization features.
- Champion players and work to provide new and exciting things they desire.
- Design and provide direction on everything from minor promotions to long-term visual direction as related to Guild Wars 2 Commerce.
- Learn to represent the Gw2 community in ethical monetization discussions throughout ArenaNet.
- Work with other designers to help maintain the integrity of the Guild Wars 2 economy.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ Years of professional experience as a game designer
- 1-2 years of developer experience with game monetization.
- Must work well in a creative team environment.
- Must be an avid gamer with extensive experience playing games.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong creativity, innovation, and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- Experience in Systems design
- Experience with MMO monetization from a user or developer perspective.
- Experience in open world games, preferably on a live game
- Experience with Tableau, SQL, and analytics in general.
- Experience Mentoring other designers.
- Passion for Guild Wars