WHO WE ARE
We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our quest to create revolutionary online gaming experiences. Bring your strengths to our cause, inspire awe in those around you, collaborate with like-minded team members, solve difficult problems and make great games!
You have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems. You enjoy tackling novel problems, collaborating with other disciplines and you are enthusiastic about assuming ownership over the quality of the outcome.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement scalable, performant and secure game play systems
- Collaborate in/with cross-discipline feature teams
- Own features and systems through their full development lifecycle
- Participate in code reviews
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years of game development
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Have contributed gameplay system(s) to shipped title(s)
- Expert proficiency in C++ with an emphasis on performance
- Strong understanding of scalable software design and architecture
- Good understanding of design and technical challenges unique to multiplayer games
- Advanced debugging and code analysis skills
- Customer-centric and collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience