WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
WHO YOU ARE
Are you a skilled and passionate user interface artist, concept artist, illustrator, graphic designer, or 2D artist interested in working with some of the game industry’s top artistic talent?
We are currently looking for a top-notch professional artist that can create beautiful hand-crafted art and visual elements that will be used throughout the Guild Wars 2 user interface. This is a full-time position that will involve working directly with the Lead UI/UX Designer and art development team to create game-ready art assets such as inventory icons, player skills, worldmap illustrations, and various supporting visual elements. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality art at a consistent pace that seamlessly fits within the well-established style of Guild Wars 2.
Past experience must include at least 3+ years as a User Interface artist or relevant 2D art role contributing to development of a game in a professional development environment, and at least one shipped AAA game under your belt. Your online portfolio must display a variety of art samples which demonstrate a strong understanding of artistic and illustration principals, an expert level of proficiency with Photoshop or similar 2D art software, and the capacity to create game-ready art necessary for a User Interface Artist role.
If this sounds like the kind of person you are, we would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
- Create high-quality hand-painted icons for inventory items, players skills, worldmap, and other various supporting art assets as needed for project development.
- Deliver amazing art assets on a regular basis in a highly collaborative and creative environment.
- Use proprietary software tools to aid in the creation and delivery of game-ready artwork.
- Present work to the team, seek input, and incorporate feedback from lead and teammates.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- An online portfolio showcasing your best work and your range of relevant skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional game development environment as a User Interface artist or relevant 2D art roles (concept art, illustration).
- At least one shipped Console or PC game title. (MMO or RPG genre is a plus.)
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience and/or proficiency using 3D modeling tools.
- Knowledge and experience playing Guild Wars 2, or relevant MMO titles.
- A passion for playing and creating video games.
- Must include resume with a link to your online portfolio.
Please attach your portfolio or include a URL to your portfolio samples