We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
WHY JOIN THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT TEAM?
- You love data. We love getting your hands dirty with data in order to understand every aspect of our players’ actions, identify pain points, and provide engaging experiences.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems. Ambiguous problems are our friends. You clarify problems into solvable pieces, identify solutions and communicate clearly with teams and stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Product Manager, you guide and drive the long- and short-term revenue strategies for AAA games. You utilize an understanding of the competitive and market landscapes, along with qualitative and quantitative data to optimize our games through feature analysis, in-game events, promotions, and economy balancing. You own the live success of our games, working with other stakeholders to develop high level strategy and drive execution.
- Product strategy and player acquisition
- Build models and forecasts to prioritize and predict the impact of new features
- Leverage user research, market research, and analytics data to build a deep understanding for our games and players, identifying ways to improve the player experience to positively impact the business
- Continuously research the existing market and competitive space in order to maintain an intelligent, informed opinion on major risks and opportunities for our games
- MTX strategy for our games via events, pricing, and balance
- Set goals and expectations for events, promotions and help analyze the impact of new features
- Work with the analytics team to define and measure KPIs and metrics, create dashboards, and monitor game performance
- Analyze player data, evaluating existing operations and potential new opportunities as well as further optimizations
- Report regularly on the health and success of our games
- Develop and implement new ideas which improve the players’ experience in order sustain and grow the business
- Collaborate with stakeholders to find optimal solutions and ensure that the execution and implementation of new features continue to align with the high-level strategy for our games which is to create the best player experience possible
- Evaluate features for their impact on players and the business
- Build models to forecast player engagement and their actions within game systems
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategies and operational adjustments for our live games
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Passion for delivering the best player experience possible
- Deep understanding of why players spend in games so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible for them
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals with the ability to prioritize feature and content improvements, and deliver measurable player experience improvements to our live games
- Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills with a proven track record of working on successful teams
- Analytical skills – comfortable with a wide range of industry standard analysis, e.g. multivariate testing, linear regressions, time series forecasting, ANOVA. etc.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration (or equivalent experience); MBA or graduate degree in relevant field is a plus, but not required