WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
ArenaNet’s production team takes pride in guiding teams of developers to the highest-quality solutions possible.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a confident, compassionate Senior Producer ready to partner with creative and technical leads to build amazing experiences for players. You set the course for successful game launches and see them through to the very end – you know how to deliver. You’re ready to take on new challenges with established teams, helping them make the most of the time they have available.
You’re comfortable supporting multiple projects/teams and shipping big features. You make sure communication is smooth and clear. You can execute complex deployments while being aware of and managing personality quirks on your team that might cause slowdowns if not handled with candor and tact.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with individuals and teams across all disciplines to create long term, large-scale project schedules to budget resources, drive milestones and scope the project
- Drive improvements to development processes to increase production efficiency and quality
- Mentor direct reports
- Communicate status and needs with team leadership and above
- Identify and mitigate risks, communicate development status to teams and stakeholders
- Assist teams with dependency management, removing blocking issues, and communicating project changes
- Develop and present proposals for future projects
- Manage budgets and expenses
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Senior level experience with game production in AAA game development
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel in art, design, programming and management
- Ability to create project schedules and milestones and monitor the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Experience using Agile game development methodologies
- Ability to create and implement appropriate production processes customized to individual team needs while also synchronizing with standards
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experienced at bringing clarity to ambiguity and adapt easily to change
- Experience working with large, cross-discipline teams a plus
- Experience with multi-platform video game development a plus
- High EQ and experience with the Radical Candor approach a plus