We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
ArenaNet, creator of the block-buster RPG, Guild Wars 2, is looking for an Economic Systems Designer who is highly skilled in game economies and reward systems. Candidates must have extensive knowledge in rewards systems, data analysis, collaborative communication. Real world economic backgrounds, advanced analytics experience, and extensive implementation experience would all be considered valuable additional skills in candidates. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arena.net.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with analysts to monitor, report, and advise on the economy of Guild Wars 2 including both in game and commercial elements.
- Work with programmers, UI designers, and others to develop systems which both reward players and maintain/improve economic health.
- Advise, review content, and maintain standards for game economics and rewards in all releases.
- Develop fun and intuitive reward systems.
- Solve game design problems in a collaborative environment.
- Playtest and iterate on designs in a highly collaborative environment.
- Communicate with artists, programmers and other members of the design team.
- Work with programmers to further develop design tools.
- Passion for numbers and analytics, including the ability to express analytics needs to data scientists.
- At least 4 years of experience in Game Systems Design
- Proven accomplishment on at least 1 shipped title
- Strong communication, collaboration, and education skills
- Understanding of player motivation and game reward systems
- Ability to model complex economic systems and relationships
- Knowledge of analytics and experience using data as part of decision making
- Ability to learn proprietary scripting tools
- Must work well both independently and in a group setting
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Real-world economic degree or experience
- Knowledge / Experience of UX needs and working with UX designers and artists
- Experience with SQL and data visualization packages
- Multiplayer online design experience
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.