We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
ArenaNet is seeking talented Gameplay Programmers to join our quest to create revolutionary online gaming experiences. Bring your strengths to our cause, inspire awe in those around you, collaborate with like-minded team members, solve difficult problems and make great games!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement systems in C++, with attention to scalability, performance, and security
- Collaborate effectively in cross-discipline feature teams to meet project goals
- Mentor and inspire other gameplay programmers
- Own features and systems through the entire development lifecycle
- Participate in code reviews
- Understand design and technical challenges unique to MMOs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of scalable software design and architecture
- Advanced debugging and code analysis skills
- Versatility in a dynamic environment with evolving requirements
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer-centric mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of game development