We are ArenaNet, a studio making online worlds infused with innovation, handcrafted excellence, and creative passion. Our passion is broadly shared; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
ArenaNet, creator of the block-buster RPG, Guild Wars 2, is looking for a Systems Designer that has a keen understanding of reward systems. Candidates must have extensive experience taking ownership of systems and features from concept to completion. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arena.net.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement new and innovative rewards and collections
- Develop fun and intuitive reward systems
- Coordinate rewards with various content teams
- Solve game design problems in a collaborative environment
- Playtest and iterate on designs in a highly collaborative environment
- Communicate with artists, programmers and other members of the design team
- Work with programmers to further develop design tools
- Passion for numbers and analytics, including the ability to express analytics needs to data scientists.
- At least 4 years of experience in Game Systems Design
- Proven accomplishment on at least 1 shipped title
- Ability to rapidly prototype gameplay to prove out concepts
- Excellent understanding of art pipelines with an ability to communicate design goals to artists
- Must work well in a creative team environment
- Must be an avid gamer with extensive experience playing games
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Creativity and innovation
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.