We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
ArenaNet, creator of the block-buster RPG, Guild Wars 2, is looking for a Competitive Systems Designer that has a keen understanding of competitive games and players. Candidates must have extensive experience taking ownership of systems and features from concept to completion. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arena.net.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement new and innovative competitive game systems and rewards for both arena style PvP and large server based PvP (World vs. World).
- Work with world artists to design new PvP maps and maintain existing PvP & WvW maps.
- Balance player stats within PvP.
- Work with skills and balance designers to address competitive balance needs.
- Work with programmers and UI designers to design and implement new competitive systems.
- At least 4 years of experience in Game Design
- Proven accomplishment on at least 1 shipped title
- Understanding of competitive ladder systems and competitive tournaments
- Ability to rapidly prototype gameplay to prove out concepts
- Excellent understanding of art pipelines with an ability to communicate design goals to artists
- Ability to learn proprietary scripting tools
- Must work well in a creative team environment
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to explain UX needs to UX designers and artists
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Creativity and innovation
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.