Why join the Help Desk Team?
- Are you looking for a team where your voice matters? Our Help Desk Engineers are important members of the Technical Operations department and the studio. As the first point of contact for Technical issues in the studio, the Help Desk team has special insight into the studio’s wants and needs. That insight and understanding is highly valued.
- Do you look for every opportunity to learn new technologies and skills? Our Technical Operations department believes in continuous development of our teams through self-driven study, mentorship with our peers, and creating opportunities for hands on experience. As a Help Desk Engineer you will have many chances for exposure to new technologies and skills. Our department will make it our priority to assist you in gaining the skills and experience needed to excel in your career.
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment? The Help Desk team works closely with all teams of the Technical Operations department. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our Systems Operations team, Security Operations team, and Game Operations team on a multitude of projects and daily tasks. Our teams work together face to face to satisfy incoming requests and architect solutions that address the root cause of operational issues.
Things you'll be responsible for:
- Representing the Technical Operations department as the first point of contact.
- Managing, prioritizing, as well as assigning incoming requests, issues, and questions to the appropriate team.
- Providing system, hardware, and software support to all employees, both onsite and remote.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for users and the Technical Operations department.
- On-boarding and off-boarding users, including all accounts, hardware, and software.
- First response to security incidents and continued assistance throughout.
- Maintaining and supporting printers (hardware and print server).
- Keeping inventory of all hardware, as well as purchasing and restocking as necessary.
- Vetting and distributing software to users. May include managing and updating license servers.
- Supporting sub-teams of the Technical Operations department as needed with studio wide upgrades, technical solutions, and outages.
- Providing technical support for live-streaming and gaming conventions.
- Providing excellent customer service and satisfaction to users.
- Communicating outages, security alerts, and other pertinent information to the studio.
- Researching and resolving difficult and unfamiliar hardware and software issues.
- Finding fundamental tasks to take from the Systems, Networking, and Security teams to incorporate into the Help Desk workflow.
- Taking initiative and responsibility for growing one’s technical and soft skills.
Tech and skills we use:
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Windows and OSX
- Jira and Confluence
- Adobe, Maya, and other Art software
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Conflict resolution
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
Certs or curriculum we value:
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft MTA
- Information Technology degree