We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
We are looking for a Lead Character Modeler that shares our passion for creating worlds and the characters and creatures that fill them. This position will be leading a team of internal and outsourced character art, and will be the driving force in shaping and maintaining the quality of the characters and creatures in addition to creating bar setting content.
- Work with Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of character models
- Lead the character art team by establishing and maintaining use of best practices and standards
- Create stylized, appealing, efficient, character models under 1500 triangles
- Direct and mentor the internal and external character teams through verbal and written feedback
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material
- Provide inspiration to the team through verbal communication, bar setting work, and reference material collection
- Manage, direct and drive outsourcing initiatives for the character team as necessary
- At least 3 years of character art experience in the games industry
- Previous character lead experience on a shipped title within a game production environment
- Passion and ability to create stylized characters
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong traditional and digital art skills
- Passion for collaboration with other artists, designers, and programmers
- Experience with: Unity, Maya, 3d Coat/Topogun, Zbrush, Photoshop, Perforce
- Critical eye, self-awareness, interest in taking and giving critiques, and desire to produce work at the highest levels of AAA quality and game performance
- Passion for games
- Character Concept and design skills
This is a full-time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Please include links to your current portfolio when applying.
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.