We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion.
As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
Why join the Game Operations Team?
- Are you looking for a team where your voice matters? Our Systems Engineers are trusted to be experts in their field. You'll research and implement the most innovative solutions to the problems that come with running the complex distributed systems our players depend on.
- Do you look for every opportunity to tune and automate your systems? We're on call but that doesn't mean we like getting called. We look for every chance to tune or automate away all the reasons to be woken by the NOC.
- Are you looking for a job where you'll make a difference? Using your depth and breadth of technical experience you'll be directly responsible for the health and performance of our live games.
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment? It takes more than just an operations team to run multiple MMOs. We work with several talented engineering and operations teams to keep our games running smoothly.
Things you'll be responsible for:
- Keeping the infrastructure that run our games humming along through continuous tuning and automation.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining fault tolerant systems to pay off technical debt and solve the new problems we face as a growing studio.
- Collaborating with the Security Operations team to ensure that every system is as secure and compliant as possible while still respecting the needs of the studio, the players, and regulatory authorities.
- Validating and improving upon existing disaster recovery plans to prove that backups work.
- Ensuring the platform that our players depend on remains available, maintaining 99.999% uptime.
- Authoring and maintaining operational and design documentation to ensure every member of the team is set up for success.
- Collaborating with Engineering and Operations teams to deliver valuable solutions to our players and the studio.
- Cross training with your teammates and other staff of the Technical Operations Department.
- Striving to build a fully automated, self-healing production environment so the team has fewer reasons to wake up at 3am.
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation with the rest of your team.
Tech and skills we use:
- System administration, tuning, and automation
- Database, web, and mail server administration
- Networking administration and design
- Systems and application monitoring
- Scripting languages
- Managed cloud services
- Fault tolerant distributed system design
- Configuration management
Certs or curriculum we value:
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.