We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion.
As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
Why join the Security Operations Team?
- Do you believe security isn't just one person's responsibility? Neither do we, you're only as strong as your weakest link; find it and fortify it.
- Are you looking to make an impact? The Security Operations team is charged with arming everyone in the studio with the "defensive TTPs" to keep the bad guys out and keep our players active.
- Do you strive to innovate? New threats are developed every day which means new solutions need to come with them; your technical expertise will keep us one step ahead of the bad guys.
Things you'll be responsible for:
- Working with relative autonomy within a department of 3 additional supporting technical service teams protecting our players and your peers.
- Developing and enforcing security policies and standards to arm the studio with the tools and practices it needs to deliver a reliable player experience.
- Testing and validating the security of the platform our players depend on as well as the infrastructure that runs our business
- Challenge the status quo of safety by conducting regular threat hunts throughout the organization and its infrastructure
- Deploy and manage security infrastructure including IDS/IPS, vulnerability detection, SIEM, application whitelisting and other technologies
- Stay abreast of new and emerging threats to proactively implement solutions before incidents occur
- Collaborate with the rest of the Technical Operations teams during incident response engagements
- Socialize the responsibility of security throughout the studio
Tech and skills we use:
- Windows and Nix operating systems
- Cloud hosting services
- Scripting and automation
- Next Generation Anti Virus (NGAV)
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Application Whitelisting
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Virtualization platforms
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Network forensic analysis
- System hardening best practices
Certs or curriculum we value:
- Vulnerabilities you've found (CVEs)
- Links to any talks you've given
- Links to any research you’ve authored
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.