We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion.
As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
The Localization Specialist provides language services for ArenaNet products in its working language. The Localization Specialist reports directly to the Localization Manager and works closely with internal and external linguistic Editors and Translators to research and resolve language issues. The Localization Specialist must be familiar with standard Quality Assurance applications and be a team player to support other members of ArenaNet. The perfect candidate should be able to champion the brand in French and have a passion for MMORPGs.
- Lead the French team and ensure the game and all assets meet our AAA quality goals.
- Work with Localization Translators, Editors and Localization QA to help them test, polish, and review all game content.
- Manage localization projects and work with internal teams to improve Localization at ArenaNet.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Internal and External Bug Databases.
- Translate English text into French as needed.
- Play and understand the game in English and French.
- Coordinate and supervise Localization projects.
- Responsible for Guild Wars franchise terminology consistency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years in a dedicated localization role in the entertainment industry.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Native French Speaker with outstanding French spelling and Grammar.
- Your command of the French language and culture embodies excellence in style.
- Passion for video games (with an emphasis on RPGs).
- Hands on, energetic, and motivated.
- Fearless -- You fight for right with excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Understand the user experience -- You have an extensive knowledge about gaming, literature and movie languages.
- Possess strong organizational skills with capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines.
- Experience with computer aided translation tools and systems.
- Experience managing projects.
- Cross-functional team experience.
- Video games industry experience.
Only submissions with cover letters written in French will be reviewed.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer.
This is a full time position, located at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.