We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion.
As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
Why join the Systems Operations Team?
- Do you enjoy building scalable, secure, robust, and automated infrastructure? We never rest on our laurels, we're unrelenting in our pursuit of evaluating and improving our infrastructure and approach to implementation.
- Do you have a passion for mentoring, teaching, and inspiring teams to level up their skills? We want the most inspiring and innovative leaders to empower and grow their teams.
- Do you want a position where you can leave your mark on the company? Our Systems Operations team is in many ways directly responsible for the success of the studio. Every decision you and your team make will have an impact on the success of our projects.
Things you'll be responsible for
Using your leadership experience and depth of technical knowledge you'll be tasked with:
- Working alongside your team of Sys Admins to oversee day to day operations of the Systems Operations team
- Frequent collaboration with different teams and departments throughout the studio
- Providing solutions architecture review and guidance to your team of Sys Admins
- Training and mentoring your team in tools, techniques, and practices they're excited about or need support in to ensure your team's growth is aligned with the needs of the studio
- Working with the Head of Technical Operations to set priorities for your team
- Ensuring delivery of successful, timely, and valuable solutions that will both protect the studio and facilitate its development
- Acting as a point of escalation for problem solving
- Hunting for operational and technical inefficiencies to improve the reliability, security, and scalability of our infrastructure
- Participating in an off hours on-call rotation
Tech we use:
- Server and Desktop Operating Systems
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Scripting languages
- Hypervisor platforms
- High availability architecture
- Forward and Reverse proxies
- SAN storage administration and design
- Cloud hosting services
- Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Datacenter facilities
- System and application monitoring solutions
Soft skills we value:
- Exceptional ability to lead, train, and inspire your peers with respect and compassion
- Clear and articulate communication
- Intellectual curiosity
- Adept critical thinking
- Level headedness
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.