Ardent is a software development firm, focused on high-value/ high-technology solutions for government projects and invites you to join our dynamic organization. Ardent offers competitive salaries, matching 401K, Liberal PTO and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and a host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
Ardent is seeking a GIS Development Engineer to join our team.
This is a remote role.
TS/SCI Clearance required.
Preference given to candidates located in Washington DC or St. Louis, MO
- 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- TS/SCI Clearance w/ CI Poly (or ability to pass CI Poly upon hire)
- DOD 8570 Certification (Security+ or equivalent or higher)
- Must have expertise in GIS discipline and practices
- Proficiency with Esri’s ArcGIS
Ability to do the following:
- Removing orphaned databases connections left by user Citrix session timeouts, hung, or failed application processes or ungraceful user application closures.
- Performing enterprise geodatabase transactional version compressions for high volume production and dissemination databases.
- Reviewing data production automation queues and logs for hung or failed processes.
- Auditing data replication processes between production and dissemination databases across networks.
- Manual handling and transfer of oversized bulk load change files.
- Terminating jobs as requested by Data Stewards.
- Performing detailed diagnostics on transaction errors as reported in system logs
- Applying workarounds to replica task failures or partial replica synchronizations.
- Assisting Data Stewards with job related problems or questions
- Troubleshoot database errors.
- Ensuring that disconnected replica syncs are acknowledged.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of nightly compresses and RDMS statistics gathering.
- Monitoring the performance of replica synchronizations and reconciles and posts.
- Taking inventory of data production jobs that remain open.
- Removing orphaned temporary KEYSET (selection set) tables left by users Citrix session timeouts, hung or failed application processes or ungraceful user application closures.
- Monitoring database space usage
- Monitoring Feature Extent envelops and Spatial Index, correcting when needed.
- Making alterations to scheduled tasks as required by changes in Data Steward activity and observed changes in performance.
- Changing nightly maintenance procedures and timings as needed.
- Quarterly tasks include:
- Bulk loading data to additional schemas as requested by Lead Data Stewards.
- Rebuilding Spatial Indexes during extended outages.
Due to the nature of the work we support, all candidates in consideration for this role must be U.S. Citizens willing to undergo the government issued background investigation process.
In compliance with Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status no later than January 18, 2022 or qualify for a reasonable accommodation. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks post final vaccination.
Ardent is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.