ArdentMC is a software development firm, focused on high-value/ high-technology solutions for government and invites you to join our dynamic organization serving federal clients from the US Department of Homeland Security, to the Department of Defense and Commercial markets. ArdentMC offers competitive salaries, 401K matching, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
- Work closely with the GIS user community to determine specific application requirements and specifications.
- Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
- Utilize the ESRI REST API for integrating the web application with back-end web services
- Perform project planning, requirements analysis, database design and development, and quality assurance and quality control.
- Suggests new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use
- Estimate the duration and level of effort of development tasks
- Maintain clear and effective source control using Mercurial
- Build Dashboards and Web Apps using ESRI tools
- Develop GIS tools and applications, perform complex analyses, and develop multi-layered maps accomplished by using an appropriate combination of tools found in the GIS application suite and other programming environments.
- ArdentMC employees are working remotely through 2020. Must be able to work in Washington, DC, VA or MD area upon returning to offices (COVID-19 precaution - time table not specified at this time).
- BS/BA in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science or other related field w/ GIS experience.
- 5 years of experience in GIS and GIS application development.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications.
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills.
- Requires up to a DHS clearance if hired, not required to apply.
- Must have a strong understanding of GIS and database fundamentals.
- Must have experience in the development of complex analysis and mapping projects.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical computer users, both orally and in writing.
- Candidates shall have a demonstrated high level of competence in ESRI GIS software suite (Arc 10.x) including a thorough knowledge of ArcSDE and ArcGIS Enterprise (server, portal, web adaptors, data stores).
- Must work independently to develop GIS tools and applications, perform complex analyses, and develop multi-layered maps accomplished by using an appropriate combination of tools found in the GIS application suite and other programming environments.
- Previous experience supporting a law enforcement mission.
- This position will require hands-on support of GIS computer hardware and software, including computer server, computer workstation and software installation and configuration that require an in depth understanding and working knowledge of computer operating systems.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory administration (adding/editing groups, etc.).
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, ArdentMC will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.