Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf seeks a Senior Cloud Security Researcher to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, with its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and ideas to make our teams even stronger as we grow our teams globally. In fact, we were named a 2022 and 2021 Top Workplace USA (Energage) as the top technology firm to work in our size category, were recognized as one of the 2021 and 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com), and were certified in successive years as a 2022 and 2021 Great Place to Work (Great Places to Work Institute, Canada). What’s more, we were recently named one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world for 2022 (Fast Company)—and the 2nd most innovative security company.
Arctic Wolf believes in corporate responsibility, and our worldwide offices proudly participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
A Senior Cloud Security Researcher within the Managed Detection & Response (MDR) team is a cybersecurity expert, an experienced detections developer for cloud as well as a leader and mentor for the team. They research and curate alerts and reports for their surface area. They look at new and emerging threats to identify the investments we should be making to improve our threat detection capabilities. Their overarching goal is to help us make security better for our clients every day. This role works with team members, Product Management, Security Services and various other specialists to continuously improve the coverage and efficacy of our MDR solution.
- Research and develop expertise in the various threat surfaces and telemetry available for them
- Propose coverage and efficacy improvements to the detection surface
- Influence the work of team members, and mentor emerging technical leaders.
- Contribute to the growth and mentorship of other team members.
- Work with team members to develop novel detections and continuously tune existing ones
- Participate in the full software development life cycle
- Build well-designed, testable, efficient and secure code
- Build runbooks, reports and supporting material for detection surface
- Document research findings and knowledge share with team and other departments
We value a culture of sharing, so every team has the opportunity to share their work with the entire department during our monthly R&D Demos. Once a year we hold a department-wide Hackathon, teaming up across all R&D teams over four days to collaborate and build cool ideas outside the normal project scope. While innovation is the focus, some of these ideas do make it into our products.
We use and train a variety of technologies in MDR. The ideal candidate has a blend of security research and development experience. Candidates who are interested in security detections/protections and have experience with the technologies below or similar are encouraged to apply for this position. Understanding the basic workings of a security operation center is preferred.
Advanced experience in the development of security products/systems with a focus on 2 or more of the following key areas:
- IaaS/PaaS/SaaS Security Research
- Cloud Architecture
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- SaaS services such as Microsoft365, Microsoft Defender, Google Suite
- Cloud Security Operations (CloudSecOps)
- Development and research of anomaly and behavioural based detections
- Email Security (Microsoft Exchange, Proofpoint TAP, Mimecast)
- Tuning and optimization of detections for all the above
Preferred experience with the at least two of the following Development Languages & Methodologies:
- Test Driven Development
- Full understanding and use of DevOps methods/tooling
- Full understanding/application of secure development practices
- Agile (SCRUM/Kanban)
Preferred experience with the following security tooling:
- Open Source IPS/IDS/NSM (e.g. Bro/Zeek/Suricata)
- SIEMs and Security Analytics platforms (e.g. Elastic, Open Source Big Data Stacks, Splunk, etc.)
In addition, you may have demonstrated leadership experience from previous projects, regardless of title held. Even if you haven’t worked with all of our specific technologies, you bring a diverse knowledge base that you use to help the team solve complex technical problems. You have comprehensive knowledge of software development practices and the cybersecurity threat landscape.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities and unique perspectives all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We review all applications and may yet consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.