Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Director of Security Operations to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing industry—Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in 2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the 2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
As a Director at Arctic Wolf, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and leading diverse teams of Concierge Engineers. You will work closely with our Executive and Security Leaders to drive and mature strategy and operations for services delivery to a wide range of customer types and sizes. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Security Services.
In this role, you will have primary responsibility for cybersecurity operations, which will include intelligence, detection, and responses for all types of security threats. As such, you will:
- Lead Service Delivery security operations
- Establish appropriate standards, direct implementation, and identify and respond to
- Information and security related incidents
- Provide support, management, and direction to staff and departmental activities – identify and deliver value added opportunities
- Stay abreast of the latest threats and industry trends to update practices as necessary
In addition to the above you will also manage the following areas:
- Prevents known attacks before they occur by limiting the attack surface
- Continuous vulnerability scanning of networks and endpoints
- Quantifies risk from external networks, internal networks and host-based agents
- Comprehensive risk profiling Managed Detection and Response
- Detects attacks during and after they occur
- 24x7 advanced threat detection powered by a personalized Concierge Security team Analysis of billions of events and real-time correlation against IOC’s Advanced Forensics
- Establish and deliver Security Services grounded in security operations, incident response, threat hunting, threat intelligence, and vulnerability management. Grow to local 24x7 Security Operations Center coverage.
- Maintain the process documentation for the SOC, in alignment of the North American Security Team.
- Work with Customer Success, R&D, and Product Management to ensure the operations center has the proper tools and process to deliver the service.
- Provides calm and clear leadership during major security incidents.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement opportunities for quality and productivity growth worldwide
- Develop and report performance metrics that demonstrate business impact, operational efficiency, meeting service level objectives, and customer risk reduction
- Sets the tone for continuing training requirements of key individuals to ensure that the team is prepared to take full advantage of advances in the technologies used by the company to improve and add new services for our customers.
- Inspire diverse teams to deliver high levels of performance and quality results while maintaining morale.
- Perform timely management duties, such as annual performance reviews, hiring, and promotions.
- Be a pro-active contributor in addressing security gaps and building solutions (methodologies, presentations, processes) to address gaps Act as Management representative for technical and strategic support calls with customers to ensure customer understanding and satisfaction of AWN service
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and technical goals
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- An appetite for everything technical and an aptitude to lead
- Demonstrated experience working in a global function, aligning with other locations delivering service to customers.
- Five years or more experience leading Security Operations in a global organization with Cloud and SaaS products. Proven track record of leading Detection and Response (D&R), CSIRT, Vulnerability Management, Security Engineering, Cloud Security, or Red Teaming teams. Prior experience managing other managers.
- At least two years of security consulting experience
- Ability to work independently, manage projects, and exercise judgement in reaching solutions.
- Have extensive expertise in many areas of security including governance, risk and compliance and a thorough understanding of cybersecurity frameworks, regulatory compliance requirements and data privacy initiatives
- Ability to lead a technology-focused and driven SOC team, to balance and prioritize across a fast-paced, growth-oriented global environment and to manage the team’s coverage and growth.
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze complex technical security threats and incident information to be able to communicate business-impacting risk to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required. Must be able to articulate information in presentation format in front of internal and external customers.
- Strong critical thinking, time management, and communication skills.
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN’s Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN business information.
- Background checks are required for this position
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing email@example.com