Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
As a Senior Technical Writer, you create the documentation used to operationalize the Arctic Wolf Security Operations Platform. This includes working with developers, product managers, security engineers, and others to understand our products and how they enable the outcomes our customers depend on.
- Collaborating with internal teams to develop an in-depth understanding of products and services and their documentation requirements in a dynamic, Agile environment
- Researching, writing, and editing technical deliverables for internal and external audiences, including user guides, troubleshooting, and FAQs
- Testing documentation against the software to ensure accuracy
- Providing feedback to team members and other teams through peer editing and design reviews
- Balancing release deadlines with other assignments and priorities
- Shaping writing style and content structure guidelines
We value a culture of sharing, so every team has the opportunity to share their work with the entire department during our monthly R&D Demos. Once a year we hold a department-wide Hackathon, teaming up across all R&D teams over four days to collaborate and build cool ideas outside the normal project scope. While innovation is the focus, some of these ideas do make it into our products.
You are a talented Technical Writer who enjoys communicating complex ideas to a variety of audiences. You are passionate about clarity, accuracy, and the Oxford comma. You are qualified to support internal teams and customers through documentation, due to:
- Technical or professional writing experience and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and tailor documentation to the intended audience
- Experience conducting research by reviewing documents, testing software, attending demos, and interviewing subject matter experts
- A track record of successfully delivering documentation in an Agile environment or a proven ability to collaborate and adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with markup languages and image editing
In addition, you have proven leadership experience from previous projects, regardless of title held. You have the ability to perform writing tasks and complete large documentation projects with independence and expertise. You will be responsible for guiding and mentoring other staff members. You have a high level of mastery over technical writing best practices and building documentation that is effective and easy to maintain.
Previous security experience is preferred but not required. We provide all the cybersecurity training you need during onboarding and on-the-job training.
The interview process is approximately as follows:
- Phone pre-screening: A recruiter contacts you to briefly discuss your work history and provide an overview of Arctic Wolf. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Face-to-face interviews: Team manager and team members conduct two interviews to learn more about you and provide more information about your potential role and team. Be prepared to discuss a sample of your work, collaborate on a technical problem, and talk more about past projects and your career goals. Approximately 1 hour per interview.
Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AW’s Information Security policies, standards, processes, and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of AW business information assets.
Must pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.